In the previous article, we learned how to use Profit Rhino in the field by simply adding tasks to a work order. We now want to build on that foundation by incorporating Option Boards into the work flow process. The video below will walk you through a work order, with the use of option boards. The steps are detailed below for you to follow along.
Work Order with Option Board Steps
Job Dispatch through Diagnosis
- Dispatch - takes place outside of Profit Rhino
- Locate or Add Customer in Profit Rhino (Customer Icon)
- Click 'Create Work Order'
- Add Diagnostic Fee using Quick Add (Green Plus Sign) and Collect Diagnostic Signature
- Perform Diagnostic
Opening and Presenting Option Boards
- Open Option Builder (1.2.3. Button) and Click 'Open Option Board' to Access Existing Templates
- Search for Option Boards by Selecting the Business Type and the Option Board, then click 'Open'
- Click the Tech View Toggle in the top right hand corner to edit option boards and view line item pricing.
- Make necessary edits to your option boards so they include exactly what you'd like to offer. See video link below for additional guidance.
- Add Summary of Findings ( [+} Button )
- Present Options to the Customer (using the Eyeball Icon)
- Add the desired option to work order (action icon beneath each option)
Collecting Signatures through Invoicing
- Present Service Agreements (also located within Quick Add) and select the value rate if the Service Agreement was purchased
- Collect the Approval Signature
- Perform Work
- Collect the Acceptance Signature
- Collect Payment (Dollar Sign Icon)
- Save and Email Invoice (Floppy Disk and Letter Icon)
Using Option Boards in your work orders takes a little more practice than simple works orders, but after a few sample jobs on your own you'll catch right on. If you need additional guidance on Building Out Your Options, click here.